At Science Clinic Private Tutoring we offer a range of tuition services aimed at providing learning and skills for Key stage 3, GCSE/IGCSE, A-Level, levels of education. We work with your child’s current syllabus to ensure they receive expert tuition in a structured and fun way.
Qualified to teach Chemistry
All our tutors are properly qualified to teach chemistry and lessons will be structured around your child’s level and to their required syllabus.
They are constantly updated and trained to keep in line with the national curriculum and any changes in educational standards.
We will cover the following topics in chemistry levels Key Stage 3 or Junior secondary and GCSE/IGCSE or Key Stage 4 and A-Levels.
Key Stage 3 Chemistry
This syllabus uses big ideas and mastery goals to equip students for success at GCSE.
It also provides a method to follow student progress as their understanding develops during KS3.
GCSE (9-1) Chemistry
Covering some of the following topics:
Atomic structure and the periodic table, bonding, structure and properties of matter, quantitative chemistry, chemical changes, energy changes, the rate and extent of chemical change, organic chemistry, chemical analysis, chemistry of the atmosphere and using resources.
We also teach the following specifications:
Chemistry Required Practicals
Covering some of the following tasks:
- Preparing a pure, dry sample of a soluble salt.
- Determining reacting volumes of a strong acid and an alkali by titration.
- Investigating electrolysis of aqueous solutions
- Investigating the variables that affect temperature changes in reacting solutions.
- Investigating how changes in concentration affect the rates of reactions.
- Investigating Paper Chromatography.
- Using Chemical tests to identify ions
- Analysing and Purifying water samples.