At Science Clinic Private Tutoring we offer a range of tuition services aimed at providing learning and skills for Key stage 3 and GCSE/IGCSE levels of education. We work with your child’s current syllabus to ensure they receive expert tuition in a structured and fun way.
Qualified to teach Biology
All our tutors are properly qualified to teach biology and lessons will be structured around your child’s level and to their required syllabus.
They are constantly updated and trained to keep in line with the national curriculum and any changes in educational standards.
We will cover the following topics in biology levels Key Stage 3 or Junior secondary and GCSE/IGCSE or Key Stage 4.
Key Stage 3 Biology
This syllabus uses big ideas and mastery goals to equip students for success at GCSE.
It also provides a method to follow student progress as their understanding develops
GCSE (9-1) Biology
Covering some of the following topics:
Cell biology, organisation, infection and response, Bioenergetics, Homeostasis and response, inheritance, variation and evolution and ecology.
We also teach the following specifications:
Biology Required Practicals
Covering some of the following tasks:
- Using a light Microscope to observe animal and Plant cells.
- Investigating the effect of antimicrobial agents.
- Investigating the effect of sugar or salt on the mass of plant tissues.
- Testing for Carbohydrates, Lipids and Proteins.
- Investigating the effect of pH on Amylase.
- Investigating the effect of light intensity on Photosynthesis.
- Investigating the effect of practice on reaction time.
- Investigating the effect of light on the growth of seedlings.
- Investigating population size.
- Investigating temperature and the rate of decay.